Religious Exploration: A Rainbow Vision
1) RED: RESPECT ALL BEINGS. Red is the heart colour. In this candle, it represents our commitment to social responsibility and faith in action. We celebrate the precious uniqueness of every human person, as well as the value of all beings that live with us on this fragile planet that is our home..
2) ORANGE: OFFER FAIRNESS AND KINDNESS TO ALL. Orange is for the warmth of human caring. In this candle it represents our commitment to nurturing healthy and inclusive relationship. We celebrate the power of human caring to reduce suffering and to create a more joyful and just world.
3) YELLOW: YEARN TO LEARN BY CONNECTING AND CARING. Yellow is the colour of memory and hope and sunshine. In this candle it represents our commitment to creating community that both accepts and challenges us. We celebrate a sense of community through time and across generations that grounds and enriches our lives.
4) GREEN: GROW THROUGH EXPLORING NEW IDEAS TOGETHER. Green is for growing things and people. In this candle, it represents our commitment to fostering curiosity, creativity and learning. We celebrate the ability to ask questions and think creatively that expands our worlds and helps us to find meaning and purpose.
5) BLUE: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF YET LISTEN TO OTHERS. Blue is a colour of tranquility, and of the nurturing sea and embracing sky. In this candle it represents our commitment to fostering conscience and courage and constructive leadership. We celebrate the power of creative and respectful dialogue across our differences.
6) INDIGO: INSIST ON A PEACEFUL and FAIR WORLD. Indigo is a rich and rare colour, saturated with life and depth.. In this candle, it represents our commitment to embracing diversity and fostering cooperation for the well-being of our world. We celebrate and garner wisdom from a rich diversity of faith perspectives, cultures, gender identities and sexual orientations, generations and personalities.
7) VIOLET: VALUE THE WEB OF ALL LIFE. Violet unites warm and cool into harmony. In this candle, it represents our commitment to spiritual practice and worship – giving shape to what is of worth and value to us — as well as our responsibility for the natural world that surrounds and includes us. We celebrate the vibrant and mysterious web of life, and reflect upon how we can live lives true to the deepest potential of who we are.