Goals of the Children's Program
We aim to teach our children:
• to be able to think independently and identify their own values.
• to begin to develop their spiritual lives and know the importance of questioning their
• to respect and promote acceptance for all individuals.
• to learn about our own ways of worship by participating in church services.
• to learn about UU values and heritage.
• to develop an appreciation for world religions and cultures through stories, crafts, music and field trips.
• to feel empowered to make changes in their world.
• to respect and learn from nature.
• to work for a peaceful, fair and free world.
• to care for our planet, the home we share with all living things.
Through organized Fellowship activities children can develop:
• a sense of community with one another.
• a trust in the adults of this church.
• role models who are living their principles.
• a feeling of being a full member of this church.
It is our hope that our children will grow up to carry on these ideals with their own
children, and will keep the flame alight. As adults, we are committed to providing
these children with consistency, continuity and support as they seek to find their
place in our world.